Friday, December 8, 2006

Christmas cards

Christmas is coming, and it's time to start sending those cards to all of your loved ones. You can go the easy way and buy some cards with generic wishes already there. It's definitely better to write some more personal wishes by yourself. I always had trouble with that, so I prefer to look through the web for some short meaningful poems. Here are the ones I think are really good. Second one is very romantic, ideal to send to the other half of yours, for Christmas or any other day.

A Christmas Gift

It isn't the flowing ribbons,
draped and curled with extra care,
or the fine and fancy bows
tied with ornamental flair.

It isn't the label on the box,
the sum of money spent,
or anything that shows the length
to which you obviously went.

The beauty of a Christmas gift
cannot be seen at all.
For the precious gift of giving
is a response to heaven's call.

It's the genuine offer of love,
the yearning to make a connection,
a show of honest gratitude,
a display of sincere affection.

© 1999 Terri McPherson Buckley
(visit Terri's website here)

-

Waiting There For You


If all the stars fall from your sky,
And you don't know what to do;
Just reach down deep inside your heart,
I'll be waiting there for you.

I'm as close as your next heartbeat,
And within your heart I'll stay;
I will be there when you need me,
I will never walk away.

If your burdens become heavy,
And they seem too much to bear;
You know that I will share your load,
I will always be right there.

Always in the background,
And it is there I'll stay;
Until the day you call my name,
I won't be far away.

I will be there in the sunshine,
As it shines upon your face;
When you feel its warmth, remember me,
I'll be waiting in my place.

I will be there in the soft breeze,
As it dances 'cross your skin;
So quietly I'll be there,
Like a whisper in the wind.

So if the stars fall from your sky,
And you don't know what to do;
Just look for me inside your heart,
I'll be waiting there for you.

Allison Chambers Coxsey © 1996
(visit Allison's website here)


Make sure to visit the websites of the respective authors of those poems.

No comments: